Bacteriology and Mycology
In our laboratory, which is equipped to a high technical level, we diagnose in accordance with scientifically recognised standards the bacterial and fungal pathogens of
- poultry, companion and zoo birds
- reptiles, amphibians and ornamental fish
Our range of services includes:
- classic cultivation methods
- special cultivation techniques (e.g. for salmonella)
- preparation of antibiograms
- serological tests (e.g. for mycobacteria and salmonella)
- special staining
- molecular biology analyses (PCR, real-time PCR)
We also provide these services to colleagues in private practice and animal owners. We will be pleased to advise you on questions of treatment.
Detailed information regarding our diagnostic tests and requisition slip: Bacteriology and Mycology (in German)
We also process samples from animals from the clinic's own patient population and pathology within the context of emergency diagnostics. We also examine submissions from veterinarians in private practice or animal owners. Specialised investigative procedures and the expertise of our employees allows for the speedy diagnosis of relevant pathogens for rapid treatment.